Chapter 2 Word Connections As mentioned in the previous chapter, in American English, words are not pronounced one by one. Usually, the end of one word attaches to the beginning of the next word. This is also true for initials, numbers, and spelling.

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 美式英语正音训练

Jana: So Peter, you also learned English as a foreign language, right? Peter: That's right, yes. Jana: It's not your first language? So how did you do it? Peter: That's a good question. When I think back, I think, I try to think about the things that

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

今天我们要学的词是 covert. Covert 形容词,隐秘的。Russia's Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov complained to U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo about the arrest of a Russian woman on allegations of being a covert agent. 俄罗斯外长拉夫

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

今天我们要学的词是appreciate。 Appreciate, 有表示感激的意思。I appreciate your help, 感谢你的帮助。I appreciate any suggestions you can give me, 感谢你能给我的一切建议。We should learn to appreciate what we have,

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

今天我们要学的词是alliance. Alliance 联盟。NATO leaders agreed to formally invite Macedonia to begin accession talks to join the Western alliance. 北约各国领导人一致同意,正式邀请马其顿围绕加入这个西方联盟组织

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Little Johnny goes to school, and the teacher says, Today we are going to learn multi-syllable words, class. Does anybody have an example of a multi-syllable word? Johnny says Mas-tur-bate. Miss Rogers smiles and says, Wow, little Johnny, that's a mo

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

今天我们要学的词是baby steps。 Baby steps, 小孩的步子,意思是慢慢的,一步一步的。 The doctor told him to take baby steps towards recovery, 医生让他不要急,一步一步慢慢恢复。 If you're new at exercising, y

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

今天我们要学的词是 sticker shock. Sticker shock 意思是价格高得让人感到震惊。美国著名歌星碧昂丝和身为说唱巨星的老公Jay-Z将同台演出,但是,Many fans are put off by sticker shock from the ticket price. 门

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

今天我们要学的词是 displaced. Displaced 颠沛流离的。U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki-moon called the current refugee crisis, with over 70 million displaced people, totally uncontrollable. 联合国秘书长潘基文说,目前7000多万人

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

有时候我们说英语用词不对,或者说法不地道,造成了误解或者不解。那么我们就有必要换一种说法解释清楚让人明白。 看下面这组对话: Mark: English is a very easy language to learn. Susan: What do yo

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

学个词-1760-nonstop 今天我们要学的词是 nonstop。Nonstop 意思是不停歇的,不间断的。They have been working nonstop since this morning. 他们从今天早上开始,一直在不停地工作。The movie is packed with nonstop a

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

今天我们要学的词是postpone。 Postpone推迟。 Justin Bieber had to postpone his concert because he was sick, 贾斯汀.比伯因为生病,不得不推迟演唱会。We had to postpone the trip because of the hurricane, 由于飓风的影响

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

今天我们要学的词是buzzword。 Buzzword, 是关键词或引起人们注意的词。这个词的前半部分buzz来自蜜蜂嗡嗡叫的声音。所以这个buzzword一旦进了你的耳朵,就会ZZZZZ比如:The buzzword of the debate amon

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

今天我们要学的词是abuzz。 Abuzz, 意思是嘈杂的,喧闹的。 The conference room was abuzz when I walked in, 我走进会议室的时候,里面十分嘈杂。 Wall Street is abuzz with speculations that some banks might be nationali

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

今天我们要学的词组是face。 Face是脸, 面孔, 作为动词,face有面对的意思。比如,学会面对困难 -- learn to face difficulties. 美国人民在911以后面临如何防范恐怖袭击的巨大挑战,The American peop

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

今天我们要学的词是stepping stone. Stepping is spelled s-t-e-p-p-i-n-g, stepping; and stone, s-t-o-n-e, stone; stepping-stone. Stepping-stone是为了达到目的而准备垫脚石,敲门砖。阿尔及利亚最近举行议会选举,Alger

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Broadcast on Coast to Coast: June 5, 2003 AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster -- it's the end of another school year in America, which explains why our guest had time to talk to us. RS: Sandra Madriaga supervises an

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

今天我们要学的词是 grace period. Grace period 宽限期。日本通过立法,禁止持有儿童色情的图片和视频。The new law allows a grace period of one year for owners of such materials to get rid of them. 新法给现已持有这

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

1、What is language for? Some people seem to think its for practicing grammar rules and learning lists of wordsthe longer the words the better. Thats wrong. Language is for the exchange of ideas, for communication. 语言到底是用来干什么的呢

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

1.What is language for? Some people seem to think it is for practicing grammar rules and learning lists of words--the longer the words the better. Thats wrong. Language is for the exchange of ideas, for communication. 语言到底是用来干什么的

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语学习方法